This is the second of our new Business Meetings, as the week progresses we hope that members will engage with the meeting and help in the decision making required to progress the eClub’s development, whilst being informed of matters related to our plans.
1. Minutes of the meeting held on week commencing 26th July, do you agree these are a correct record? (see attached)
2. Action from the minutes
- new logo has been designed, discussed and launched.
- charity bank account at HSBC has been set in motion as part of the Trust formation.
- revised guidelines for new members using the website have been produced, please can members give their feedback (see attached).
3. The Rotary Foundation
It is proposed by the Coordinator for The Rotary Foundation Action Group that 10% of all fund raising is allocated to the eClub’s contribution to the Rotary Foundation – do you agree or disagree?
Plus the eClub considers a 100 Club, as proposed by Yzanne, could also provide funding to be allocated to the Rotary Foundation – do you agree or disagree (see attached format)?
4. Action Groups
It is really important we get these operating so as to increase everyone’s involvement in the eClub, would it help if separate pages were placed on the website for each group and the group discussions carried out within the comments section?
Mirroring the Service Projects Action Group, it would also be a good idea if each Action Group had an Assistant Coordinator and a Secretary, volunteers are best for these roles.
You might have other ideas as to how we could get these groups functioning.
5. Activity and Fund Raising Ideas
At the informal meeting on the 18th August, lots of good ideas were being suggested and Lynne and Yvonne would like to get together for a one off meeting with Yzanne to discuss these, they include: Quiz nights, website quiz, possibly a Christmas Party, a Pig Race, etc. Any ideas other members have please include them in your comments below.
We are ready to start collecting the Baby Clothes for Romania, now that Sue Webb has agreed to coordinate this project. If you can help please contact Sue at email@example.com, please see poster attached. Please let the Secretary know if you’d like an A3 Poster.
6. This month we have welcomed to our eClub membership Sarah Bodell, Sue Webb, who have become Rotarians, and Rotarian Simon Carter who has transferred from Tewkesbury. We also welcome Rotarian Ray Sanderson as a provisional member.
7. Updates from Action Groups
8. Any Other Business
Decisions required from members:
- Agree minutes of the 26th July Business Meeting.
- Give feedback on the Website Guidelines.
- Agree 10% of fundraising to be top-sliced for The Rotary Foundation.
- Agreement of the formation of a 100 Club.
- Ideas for Action Groups operating.
- Online fund raising ideas.