This is the first of our new Business Meetings, as the week progresses we hope that members will engage with the meeting and help in the decision making required to progress the eClub’s development, whilst being informed of matters related our plans.
- How weekly programmes are to be arranged
- Revising the eClub logo, marketing material and sweat/tee shirts
- Finance Report a) Account Summary 2011/12, b) Budget 2012/13, c) Funds in account today, d) Proposed spending
- Administration – agreement to adopt the Trust Formate, in order to open a Charity Account
- Membership recruitment and retention
- Up-dates on projects
- Any Other Business
We have adopted the following format:
The plan is to have a Business Meeting and an Open Meeting each month and the remaining dates shared equally between the Action Groups to take responsibility to organise the subject and ‘speaker’, which could be anything from a member’s life and job talk, all about a particular organisation or project, to something which your Action Group think the whole club will find entertaining/interesting. It is the responsibility of all the members to help arrange the programmes for which the Action Group is responsible. Mike Nash and Lynne Wootton have agreed to coordinate the programme calendar within the Administration Action Group, Action Group coordinators have been given dates and they will be allocated out to their members.
Any further information please contact the Secretary Janice.
Item 2. – Revising the eClub Logo, Marketing Material and Clothing
The logo was developed for launching the eClub, we believe it is now time to consider having something new. Have members got ideas of what it should illustrate, what culture we ought incorporate, what is the ethos of our eClub? Once we have some designs we will share these with members. We’d like then to consider producing some marketing materials and do members want sweat shirts or tee shirts or both? Your ideas in all these areas would be really welcomed.
Item 3. – Finance Report
a) Summary of Accounts 2011/12 (full accounts will be presented at our AGM in December)
Item Income Expenditure
RI Joining Fees £400.00 £375.00
Charter Event Tickets £783.85
Charter Event Cost £934.00
Carol Singing Collection £225.00
Payment to End Polio Now £225.00
Scrumrun Sponsorship £ 50.00
Gift from RC Stonehouse £ 50.00
District Set Up Grant £199.82
Donation £ 4.00
Totals £2,559.89 £1,209.00
Carry over to 2012/13 £1,350.89
b) Budget for 2012/13 – will be posted later in week
c) Current Account Balance £2269.31
d) The Rotary Club of Old Town gave us £521 from the Sale of Ducks
It is proposed that this is used by the eClub as follows:
- £300 towards purchase of a Shelter Box
- £50 to be added to the funds raised by Debbie from the Vie Party to purchase Shoe Boxes
- £150 towards Duck Pond project at Gloucester City Farm
- The remainder is used towards the purchase of a pull-up banner
- As you are aware Senior Vice President Rachel has taken on this role, members of the Membership Action Group should visit the group where Rachel poses some questions to consider.
- A number of the provisional members are now wanting to become full-members of the eClub, to do this they sign a declaration and the secretary posts a notice on the eClub Noticeboard informing people it is proposed that these members join, any objections in writing should be made to the Secretary before the closing date posted. So please check the eClub Noticeboard when you login.
- We intend to post dates on the Calendar of Events, please send details of any dates you are proposing for activities to Mike Nash & Lynne Wootton who have also agreed to coordinate this part of the eClub.
- In the early days of the eClub we featured a lot about needing to build relationships with each other, the need to understand that people have joined the eClub because they are busy people. While we would encourage physical meetings, the main meetings and relationship building tools are by internet using either the website or social networks (of course conventional things could be used like telephone or email). We are an online Club and members must not feel pressurised or excluded by some who meet physically as well.
- Janice is to produce a new guide to using our website, which we will send out with the new membership cards, however if you’d like some training by phone or in person please let either Janice or Tim know.
- Please remember if an opportunity to introduce new people arises, we are offering a free 2 month trial, so they can decide if it suits them and we can get to know them.
- A new eClub directory will be posted this week and up-t0-date details of Action Group Membership.
- Report on membership as of 31st July, will be posted on that date in the meeting comments.
- Volunteer required to be the eClub Environmental Officer, arising from Zone meetings
- Volunteer required to be the eClub Database Administrator for the District 1100 Annual Directory
- Please raise any business you may have in the comment box below.
- Your ideas around new logo, marketing material and clothing
- Agreement on proposed spend from sale of Duck monies
- Agreement to establish a Charitable Trust Fund
- Logo thoughts